Sunday, November 30, 2008

The Tree In The Winter


The Tree In The Winter
Copyright Wag

My father seems so strong.
Not big or huge.
Just stable and strong.

He seems to be anchored
His roots run deep.
Drawing no attention to himself.

He is like a tree in the winter
Often overlooked
Standing strong
Quietly anchored
Always silent

Yet deeply communicating
There is no uncertainty
Really no reason to notice.
Unless you are observant of reality.

If you are looking for color and drama
The tree in the winter is not even seen.
How unfortunate
It contributes so much to go unnoticed.
I'm glad I took the time to see the tree,
so much like my father.


I read this poem and it reminded me of Amanda. I thought if she were to right a poem for her father it would go something like the one written above. Thank you Wanda for allowing me to add this poem to my blog.

No comments: