Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas Day Has Came And Gone



Christmas Day has came and gone and yet we had to carry on as if nothing has changed. Though you weren't here Amanda our Christmas was filled with thoughts of you and wishing for one more Christmas day to spend with you. I lit a candle for you but forgot to take pictures of the candle burning brightly on Nutt Nutt's cage. I let it burn till there was nothing left and now Nutt Nutt's cage is red were the candle burned in honor of the most precious person that's missing from our life this Christmas day. I made this picture of you and passed it out so we'd have a reminder of you on this unforgetable Christmas day spent thinking of you. I can't begin to tell you how hard this Christmas was on me and everyone that loves you dearly. I think somehow you know all that we're going through, no time to heal before the holiday season. The highlight of my day was when I read the text message that said "Merry Christmas" sent from your sister Angela. I was sitting in the parking lot at China restraunt fixing to go in to get a bite to eat when I noticed her message. I called her to say thank you for the text; "as that meant more to me than she'll ever know". In ways it's as if Angela is doing what Amanda would have done if only she were still here. All those special phone calls from Amanda I'll miss with all my heart as I'll not recieve any more not even on Christmas day. Although Amanda was missed dearly through the holiday seasons, I bet Christmas in Heaven is much more than we could ever dream.


No comments: